Monday, July 11, 2011

Alternate Focus Reviews

Get ready for a different point of view.

   Please note: The reviews to follow will focus on different aspects of the games than the more traditional "total package" focus that most reviews take(I.E. graphics, sound, control, etc). The reason for this being that most of the games I'll be reviewing will not be AAA or even A-list titles.
   For the most part, I am a B-list and sometimes even C-list gamer. I have a soft spot for the titles that got one preview, one review (if they were lucky)and were quickly forgotten.
   The reviews to follow will be based on a ten point scale* for factors such as fun, excitement, immersion, personality, and categories of my own creation: "the hook," and "over-the-top-itude."

The fun factor speaks for itself: is the game entertaining? Do I have fun playing it?

The excitement factor: does the game make my blood pound and my heart race? Do I get that jittery adrenaline jump?

The immersion factor: when other characters speak, does this game make me want to respond out loud? When the titanic boss falls at my feet, do I feel the need to jump out of my seat and declare victory?

The personality factor: will the game make me laugh? Does it possess sufficient charm to keep me pinned to my seat until the very end?

The Hook: how is this game different from every other game in it's genre?

Over-the-top-itude: not content to simply answer the question 'how over the top is it?' in this section, I will also categorize in what way the game is over-the-top.


*A breakdown of my ten point scale:
1=Absent
2=Lousy
3=Bad
4=Okay
5=Good
6=Damn Good
7=Great
8=Awesome
9=Spectacular
10= Flawless

No comments:

Post a Comment